Jan 3, 2014

The Long Road (Addis)

There is a long road between Addis and Bahir Dar
quilted valleys and mountains of green and gold
carved from the earth Selam, Selam
it bleeds and it hurts but I know who I am
I am the pride of an unbroken land

Ethiopia

I am the desert heat from South Horr to Loiyangalani
I am the bare, grey, blue of the jaded sea
I am the winds that change at night
I am the colours of the tribes
I am what keeps the stock alive and fire high

Kenya

There is an island that fights to be free
an Indian ocean inside of me
I am an eagle flying high
Spreading my arms out by my sides
I have you to hold me close at night but I am the tide

I am an everlasting light
I rise on the earth in a lavender sky
I am the moon and stars at night
I am alive

Ethiopia
Tanzania
Kenya
Zanzibar


     Just see where it goes
        just see where it goes .. .
            come hell or high water 
                come hell or high water . ..
                    Africa


There is a long road between Addis and Bahir Dar






The song ADDIS (The Long Road, The Road Between Addis and Bahir Dar) whose earnings from all sources in perpetuity is to benefit individuals and projects especially in Kenya and Ethiopia but anywhere worldwide.


No comments: